Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How I've Lived My Life

It's not about can't is how I've lived my life. What CAN I do to move my life forward to a better place?  What CAN I do to feel more alive?  So although I lived with verbal and physical abuse and although my decisions were primarily made putting others in front of myself, I was still reacting to the question, "What CAN I do?"

Even though there were a lot of should dos, have to dos, or can't dos...there were also a lot of things that I could do.

I love new beginnings!  New hope, new promises, new direction, new opportunities!  It is the excitement and promise of what might be, that has kept me hopefull through what was. Unfortunately, it also kept me from facing and moving past it.

I have a place that is calling me, I just haven't found it yet. I have a space where I'm meant to be free, meant to be happy. That place might be here but if it is, I haven't found it yet.

I believe that if I feel that place, find that place, it will show my children that you can always grow. It will show them that you don't have to settle where you are, if it doesn't give you room to bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment