Sunday, August 11, 2013

Give Yourself Permission to be Imperfect

Today, I'm going to know that whatever I do, is the best that I can do, and I'm releasing myself from my expectations of perfection, or the expectations of others.

Today, I'm going to love myself without any drama.

In My Stories, I just wrote about my problems with my pets.  And in the writing, I had an underlying theme or feeling that, I should be doing better.  In doing this, I am telling myself that I'm not doing things right, I'm not good enough. 

Well this morning, I AM good enough.  There may be things that I could be better at, there may be things that I could do differently, but sitting here, with four of my pets all sleeping within five feet of me, I can smile, and release myself from any negative emotion I had when I went through my morning ritual.  They want to be near me, they feel loved. 

So this morning, I don't have to be perfect.  My good intentions are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment